Building and leading a team of salespeople to help drive revenue.
Sales managers must motivate their teams to generate leads, build client relationships, set targets to hit or exceed revenue forecasts, and ultimately meet customer needs.
Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
Required Skills for Sales Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5 years of experience in sales
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a team to meet quotas
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience setting sales goals
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office